FOR BADAM PASTE:
- 15 badam / almond
- 1 cup hot water, for soaking
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup maida / plain flour
- 2 tbsp rava / semolina / suji, fine
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk
- oil for frying
- 2tbsp ghee
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- few thread saffron / kesar
- few drops lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
Badam dough preparation
- First, we will have to prepare badam paste, for that soak 15 badam in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes.
- peel the skin of badam and transfer to the blender.
- Blend to smooth paste adding ¼ cup water. Keep the paste aside for sometime.
- Take a large bowl and add 1½ cup maida, 2 tbsp rava, ¼ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp sugar and ¼ tsp salt. Mix these ingredients well.
- To form a moist flour add 2 tbsp ghee and crumble.
- Add badam paste to this mixure alongwith 1/4th cup milk.
- Knead the dough well and add the milk if required.
- Grease it with oil and cover it for 10 mins.
Sugar Syrup preparation
- Take a large vessel to boil ½ cup water, 1 cup sugar and a few threads of saffron
- Mix well until the sugar dissolves approx. for 3-4 minutes until the syrup attains one string consistency.
- Add few drops of lemon juice, ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover the sugar syrup and keep it aside
Badam puri preparation
- Knead the dough again to make it smooth
- Take a ball sized dough and grease it with oil.
- Roll the dough gently and make a slightly thick puri.
- Spread 1/4th tsp ghee and fold it into half. Spread 1/4th tsp ghee again to fold it into a triangle.
- Roll them gently to flatten out the layers.
- Now, you can fry the badam puri in medium hot oil, stirring it occasionally for 15 mins until it becomes golden brown.
- Drain off the excess oil from the puri and put it into warm sugar syrup.
- Allow it to soak for 3-4 minutes.
Your badam puri is ready to eat, top it with dry coconut and enjoy it with badam milk.