Considered to be the most important day in the lives of married women, Karwa Chauth is an auspicious occasion that cherishes the unbreakable bond of love and togetherness. Lord Ganesha and the Supreme Lord Shiva are worshipped on this day with devotion for the long-life, happiness, and overall well-being of their husband.
Make your partner feel amazing and special this festive season by surprising each other with exciting gifts for Karwa Chauth. Karvachauth.com gives you an opportunity to strengthen your bond with your wife, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law. Crafted by the skilled artisans are pretty Thali covers, magnificent Karwa Chauth Thali sets that incorporate a Channi, Lota, Thali, Glass, and a beautiful Potli.
Honoring the essence and beauty of Indian culture, Karwa Chauth is a celebration that includes performing puja on a particular Muhurat and observing Vrat. Here is a guide that will brief you about the Karwa Chauth celebration and its process.
When is Karwa Chauth celebrated?
Karwa Chauth which is also known as “Karak Chaturthi” is celebrated in the month of Kartik. Observed on 24th October, which is Sunday, this festival falls about 4 days after Sharad Purnima(the full moon day). The puja Muhurat varies according to the different locations.
Tithi starts from 24th October - 03:00 and ends on 25th October at 05:45. This fasting duration begins before sunrise and ends once the women have a glimpse of the Moon at night.
Essentials of Karwa Chauth
Karwa Chauth Shringar: All the married and unmarried women who observe fast on this day apply mehndi on their hand. Women also wear precious jewelry which makes them look attractive and make their husband feel special. The Vivid Tassel Threadwork Earrings, Meenakari Jhumka Earrings, etc available in different colors are perfect gifts for Karwa Chauth.
Karwa Chauth Thali of Sargi: No Karwa Chauth ritual is complete without Sargi and Baya. Sargi is basically a plate of the meal with a variety of eatables and delicious cuisines. This beautifully presented Thali incorporating sweets, Seviyan, or vermicelli are gifted by the mothers-in-law to their daughters-in-law. Moreover, this meal is eaten by women just before sunrise.
Karwa Chauth Pooja Vidhi
- Just before commencing the puja Vidhi, the women are asked to take the pledge, i.e; Karwa Chauth Sankalp, and chant a mantra.
- Next, grind rice and make a plaque from the other wall of the temple of the house. This ritual is called Karwa Dharna.
- Place the picture of Maa Parvati and Lord Shiva on the wooden pedestal where Sri Ganesha sits in the lap of his mother.
- Alongside listening to the Karwa Chauth story, fill water in the Karwa and ornate Goddess Parvati with makeup. Once done, worship Lord Ganesha, Shiva, and Moon and offer Arghya.
- End your fast by drinking water from your husband’s hand, take blessings & elders of the house.
Every woman has her own unique way of celebrating Karwa Chauth. Come, make your Karwa Chauth much more special with Karvachauth.com this year.
Your message has been successfully sent. We will contact you very soon!