- 4 cups potatoes boiled peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- Also need oil to shallow fry
Preparation for potatoes
- First boil 3-4 potatoes but keep them firm otherwise potatoes will become mushy and tikki will not be crispy as desired.
- Once boiled, peel and shred the potatoes.
- Add corn starch, salt and cilantro to shredded potatoes and mix it well but with light hands.
Microwave potaoes for 7 mins. Peel and smash the potatoes. Mix in potatoes rest.
Please note: Don’t knead the potatoes
- Divide the potatoes in the form of balls in equal parts and make them in the form of patties Cover these potato patties and refrigerate them for atleast 4-5 hrs.
This is an important step in making tikkies. .
Making the Crispy Aloo Tikki
- Heat the frying pan with less or equal to 1/8th inch of vegetable oil and heat it on medium heat.
- Once the oil is moderately hot put the potato patties in the oil one by one.
- Shallow fry the tikkies until they are light brown from both sides.
Your message has been successfully sent. We will contact you very soon!