- 4 cups potatoes boiled peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- Also need oil to shallow fry
Preparation for potatoes
- First boil 3-4 potatoes but keep them firm otherwise potatoes will become mushy and tikki will not be crispy as desired.
- Once boiled, peel and shred the potatoes.
- Add corn starch, salt and cilantro to shredded potatoes and mix it well but with light hands.
Microwave potaoes for 7 mins. Peel and smash the potatoes. Mix in potatoes rest.
Please note: Don’t knead the potatoes
- Divide the potatoes in the form of balls in equal parts and make them in the form of patties Cover these potato patties and refrigerate them for atleast 4-5 hrs.
This is an important step in making tikkies. .
Making the Crispy Aloo Tikki
- Heat the frying pan with less or equal to 1/8th inch of vegetable oil and heat it on medium heat.
- Once the oil is moderately hot put the potato patties in the oil one by one.
- Shallow fry the tikkies until they are light brown from both sides.
is successfully added to your shopping cart.
is added to your wish list.
Your message has been successfully sent. We will contact you very soon!